Monday, January 14, 2008

On A Whim

Yeah so... I probably just did one of the most random and spontaneous things I have ever consciously decided to do.

Well, it all began when we finished our work early for once. Now, FatMan and I already showed up later to work than we usually do (around 3:00 instead of 2:30 or 2:45) as he had his car for once (already an unordinary event), however, the five of us were done by 3:45 or so.

So my coworker suggests we all get crêpes.

Yes, crêpes. Random, yes.

So after a failed attempt to leave work early (followed by an hour of mindless busywork), we all leave together at 5:00 and seek out this coveted crêperie my coworker so desperately wishes to go to. Why we all agreed to this is beyond me, though perhaps I did have an underlying urge to try these crêpes my coworker spoke so highly of. So FatMan parks on the busy street far away from the crêperie since my coworker (who was driving his own car with another coworker) failed to specify where this place actually was. So we park, we walk, we meet up with them, then we walk some more. We're cold, but he says we're almost there. Then he stops.

I looked around, but I didn't see anything. Why? Because the lights were off? Why? Because they were closed.

Yeah. Good job.

But instead of just parting ways, we walk past a Greek and Mediterranean restaurant, and you know what we decide to do? We decide to have dinner. So we sit down, we order (delicious, delicious veal souvlaki-pita for FatMan and myself, and I also tried some of his grape leaves which I must say are an acquired taste), we chat.

But I couldn't help but think that somehow... being there was extremely wrong.

And indeed, my coworker (the one with FatMan and me) was in trouble with her mother, FatMan got fatter, and I still haven't studied for my A.P. Calculus midterm, which is - you guessed it - tomorrow!

I had a good time, but that only means that there's suffering to come...

Though that veal souvlaki-pita was pretty damn good, I must admit.

No comments: