Monday, December 3, 2007

Agarose Man

Blogger's Note: For those not science-savvy, agarose is a gel-like substance that can be liquefied when heated. It is usually used for gel electrophoresis, and will take the shape of the tray it is poured into. However, in this case...

So while carrying out my duties at the lab (which was, at that moment, loading the dishwashers), I came across the usual bottle with leftover agarose at the bottom. I performed the usual procedure by flushing the bottle and attempting to remove the hardened excess. When I was able to extract the piece from the bottle, however, I could not help but notice that the piece was actually quite perfect and round, which led me to my short little adventure...

He's cuter in person.

Meet Agarose Man, the Intern Mascot. I'd like to continue telling the story of his creation, but it's definitely one of those "be there" moments.

No comments: