Monday, October 1, 2007

Wonderful Feeling

Yes, so the past few days were rather interesting. As for today, I must say that everything went pretty damn well.

So my paper for the Siemens Competition officially arrived this morning. I told my advisors about it and they both laughed. Apparently, I'm the first person to ever have my paper hand delivered, so hooray for me I suppose? It was completely worth it though. After all the problems I went through...

1. I skipped three days of classes (and an exam) to write this paper (and oh yes, tonight's homework won't be fun).

2. On Friday, I e-mailed my paper to my grad student before I left for an away match (or so I thought). I didn't realize that it didn't get sent until I came home from my match and a school spirit/fundraising event (which was around 8:30).

3. So by the time I did send it, she couldn't finish reading it, and she didn't get to the most important parts. I couldn't get out of work the next day though, so there wouldn't be time for me to finish it and FedEx it out. At this point, I decided that it wasn't worth all my effort if I was to send it out in the state it was in, and that my only option was now to physically drive it in. It was a good choice though, seeing as how she almost completely revamped my end sections.

4. I crashed really early, so I sent the near completed paper to her early Sunday morning. She made the few final corrections, but forgot to reattach the paper, and she had already left for wherever by the time I realized.

5. So it's 3 or 4 PM, and I finally hear back. I make my final corrections and depart for a five-hour round trip to Princeton and back.

So a family friend who I had entrusted it to finally dropped it off at the office in Trenton. She has the confirmation receipt, and I'm all good until Intel rolls around. But my paper is more or less done, so I have less worries. I find out how I did on the 19th. Wish me luck.

As for tennis though, my team defeated our biggest rival, 4-3. We have three matches left. All should go well, and then we'll be undefeated league champs. Ah, I don't remember the last time I was so happy. But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I think I realized what I wanted to write about for a college essay though. After all this, I don't think I've ever felt so inspired about my own life before. While I still think that we don't act as a team a lot of the times and that the seniors aren't getting the respect they deserve, I must say...

It's a wonderful feeling.

No comments: