Thursday, August 2, 2007

Image of the Future (It's Not So Bright)

So I was looking through my school network on Facebook the other day and guess what I find.

Freshmen.

Why freshmen need facebooks, I have no idea. (To keep in touch with people they've never met?) But they're not just any freshmen. Oh, if only it were that simple.

No, they're these "slutty little whores fresh off MySpace"-type freshmen. You know, those middle schoolers who drink and do drugs and lie around half-naked because they really do think it's attractive.

Oh please. If you're going to have a picture of yourself barely dressed and drinking, then don't be doing it alone and in a bathroom of all places.

I wasn't being hypothetical either.

To quote the stage and movie musical Chicago, "Whatever happened to class?"

Seriously...

I don't know what's wrong with this world nowadays. I was never one to think well of drugs, but what happened to those days when drinking was meant to bring camaraderie? Instead, now it's meant to propel an image of oneself as a loose little whore, easy to get drunk and easy to screw, on bloody purpose no less.

You think you're hot? Yes, I'm sure your undeveloped, underage body is real attractive to pedophiles. And people wonder about the news lately...

Sigh... I only hope they'll realize what they're doing because I really can't imagine these kids growing up and living in the real world in the state they're in, maybe even becoming parents and having kids. In fact, sometimes, the reason why I think these kinds of people do these things is so that they'll die before they even have the chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. Thanks for the attention, bye). Até mais.