Monday, July 16, 2007

Not So Bad...

Well, we've hit the one-third mark of summer and I haven't once gone to the beach, to the mall, or out to eat. Instead, I spent almost all of three weeks in a windowless lab that makes me forget it's actually sunny outside, I make no money, and I'm often starving or lonely due to the fact that I don't have a set lunch time (which makes it extremely difficult to meet up with my friends). But hey, what am I going to do? That's science for ya.

Plus, I'm having severe CTY-withdrawal, and I keep thinking that I could be there right now, living out my last year, were it not for this commitment. Even disregarding that, I think I've only really hung out with my friends a couple or few times this summer at most (sorry guys, but campus walks and bus rides don't count, not to mention we're all already half-dead when we see each other).

Ah... but I suppose it's... not so bad...

I saw a bunny this morning (it was eating grass).

Then at the lab, I stabbed myself with a syringe in an effort to change needles, thus barring me from touching it for the rest of the day. However, I thought it was pretty humorous (then again, I've been told that I have a quirky sense of humor).

I actually had a nice lunch with most of my friends (but I've got to stop eating the crappy sushi).

And in my freetime after lunch, I thought out the chain of events for my newest story idea (complete with a plot so that it doesn't resemble Catcher in the Rye)!

The same bunny [I think] I saw this morning was still eating the same grass when I came home (which was maybe about 9-10 hours later).

And I actually didn't die while playing tennis (though I'm wondering if he took it easy on me this week).

So...

All in all, even though I'm busy, I guess I can't say though that I'm not having any fun.

P.S. It's amazing what a bowl of good ramen can do to your thoughts...

No comments: