Monday, July 2, 2007

If There Was A Fire...

So I realized today that if I were alone in the building and there was a fire, I'd probably be dead.

I still don't get it. The building doesn't make sense to me. I realized only today that two elevator shafts that I thought were located at two opposite sides of the tower were actually the same elevator. I swear, upon realizing this, I was convinced that it had to be magic. Some goddamn magic force must have magically lifted me up and sideways. That had to be the only explanation.

Speaking of towers though, today I also uncovered the truth behind my hidden tower thanks to my many long periods of endless, wasted free time. See, the thing is, I was right! I'm really not in a tower! I'm in this mini-tower in the center of the real towers (I guess it serves as the connector/base), which is why only certain elevators can bring you certain places. It's like Alice in Wonderland, without the crack-induced colors. This (and I do mean the "getting lost" part, not the "Alice on crack" part) does bring up an interesting story of how I was trying to find my way to and fro my friend's lab today, though I'm not going to tell it for your sake and because it would only remind me about how pissed off I was...

Goddamn building.

Author's Note: Yes, I know you're not supposed to take the elevator in case of a fire. But if the elevators are like this, what must the goddamn stairs be like?

No comments: